We may not know what types of careers or challenges the future will bring to today’s students, but we do know that we can prepare them with a good set of problem solving skills. As a company that has been in the business of innovating thinking games for almost 30 years, we know that the best way to do this is through making learning fun. Youth organizations are looking for creative new ways to challenge kids and teach thinking skills but there is a shortage of really good, easy to implement ideas.
We challenge you to help by submitting your idea for a fun, new way to teach critical thinking skills. We hope you enjoy innovating and feel good knowing that your work will be part of a larger goal that benefits all of us.
All games must follow these submission requirements:
- Builds reasoning, logic and planning skills that are critical to future STEM careers.
- Designed to engage individual players within social communities rather than on their own.
- Engaging enough that children will be motivated to play multiple times per week over the course of several months.
- Playable by 6 - 12 year olds.
- Accessible at low cost using common household items, art supplies, or other readily gathered materials.
- Presented in a do-it-yourself, make-it-yourself set of instructions.
All submitted games, whether they win a prize or not, will be open for public distribution via a Creative Commons non-commercial license (you would maintain commercial rights to your idea). Our judging panel and Champions will determine which are good enough to be included in the free public download area. So even if your game submission doesn't take a top prize it doesn't mean that it won't have an impact across the world.
The Ideal Challenger
- Knows and loves games
- Knows what engages and entertains young children
- Can build amazing things from low-cost stuff
- Must be 18 years or older and legally eligible to participate
- Can be an individual, team, organization, corporation, or non-profit
(Go back to Challenge home)