In 2011, ThinkFun released PathWords, a single player game best described as "Pentominoes meets word search!" The original game was designed to challenge players age 12 and up, and it was a fantastic hit! This innovative puzzle won the 2012 Games Magazine Game of the Year, the 2011 ASTRA Best Toys for Kids award, and the 2011 Creative Child Magazine Puzzle of the Year Award, among others recognitions.
Inspired by the success of PathWords, the brains at ThinkFun went back to the lab determined to create an equally fun and developmentally appropriate challenge for young players age 6 and up. The resulting PathWords Jr. game was extensively tested by children and is a game we are exceedingly proud of! And we're not the only ones who think it's great! Check out some of the great coverage this puzzle has received already:
What people are saying about PathWords Jr...
- "Leave it to ThinkFun to create a way to combine a puzzle and word-search for kids as young a 6 years old, embedding language and reading skills along the way." - Play On Words Speech Therapy site
- 2012 PAL (Play Advances Language) Award Winner
- "When [my son] saw the box, he was not only interested, he was excited! He opened it up and started solving the puzzles right away!" - Toys are Tools blog
- "This is a game that parents can rely on and that gift-givers can feel good about giving." - Not One Ordinary Moment blog
- "It’s the perfect combination of puzzle fun and educational value." - My Four Monkeys blog
- "I love how it is a great on-the-road toy also as all the tiles fit in to the case nicely!" - Evan and Lauren's Cool Blog
- "A great family game which can be played alone or together. It helps improve vocabulary, logical thinking, problem solving, and observation powers." - My R & R Space blog
- "This smart game travels well!" - Parents' Choice Summer Survival Guide
Bookmark/Search this post with