Join the ThinkFun Team!
At ThinkFun Inc. we are dedicated to making learning fun. We strive to create games that spark curiosity, cultivate confidence, and nurture life-long learners.
Senior Product Manager
Title: Senior Product Manager
Reports to: Product Development Director
Department: Product Development
ThinkFun’s Senior Product Manager is responsible for driving new products forward from concept to a completed product in production. The Product Manager coordinates and ensures all responsible parties are clear on the task and timeline for completion.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have 5+ years in a similar product management position.
- Must be highly proficient using:
- Microsoft Office for Mac (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Act as Lead Product Manager for Assigned Products
MOST IMPORTANTLY: push products forward using the existing process.
- Participate in product testing as needed.
- Ensure the Art Director & the Product Designer are on schedule for Art & Industrial Design Release dates. Communicate any changes in the development schedule to all stakeholders.
- Keep product management system up to date.
- Ensure timely delivery of content to the design team (i.e. challenges, instruction manual & packaging text, etc.).
- Ensure clear direction and goals for all sessions of play testing and design feedback testing (both store visits & online surveys).
- Participate in Art Review meetings to give input on graphic and industrial design direction. Stay up to date on development progress.
- Work with the PD Director to Improve the Existing Development Process
- Ensure Integrity of Products Under Your Management
- Aesthetic and tactile quality.
- Value as perceived by the consumer.
- Adherence to brand and style guide standards & brand promise.
- Effectiveness of messaging and packaging.
- Commitment to consumer safety.
- Communicate Regular Status Updates on Products
- Mentor Product Managers
- Provide guidance through development projects.
- Identify areas where training is needed and coordinate training.
- Manage Miscellaneous PD Projects (as needed).
- Create project timeline and assign deliverables to various internal and external resources.
- Push the project forward and ensure its outcome is successful.
- Manage challenge development process for all new products.
- Work with outside resources and inventors to develop initial set of challenges, test the set, evaluate test results and reorder/redevelop to create a final set of challenges.
- Get approval from the CEO and pass to the Art Director for layout.
- Final Signoff on Artwork Proof-of-Uploads for Products Under Your Management – Review internal art proofs (i.e. Proof of Upload) following the existing process. Provided detailed feedback to the Art Director for any revisions.
- Draft Instructions & Product Packaging Text (as needed).
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you fit these descriptions? Or just have that special something extra to share with us? We’re always interested in hearing from new talent!
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.