Join the ThinkFun Team!
At ThinkFun Inc. we are dedicated to making learning fun. We strive to create games that spark curiosity, cultivate confidence, and nurture life-long learners.
Human Resources (HR) Manager
Ravensburger North America, a leading game, toy, and puzzle company with the purpose of delivering fun experiences for the hand, the head, and the heart seeks an experienced, playful and passionate HR Manager. The position is based in Alexandria, VA.
The HR Manager will support and advise Management in our HR strategies and organizational transformation process and inspire employees to individual development, teamwork, and performance. The right candidate will be in charge of training, recruitment, and managing the company’s compensation and benefits programs as well as internal communication. We are looking for an individual that is outgoing and service-oriented with excellent communication skills. It should also be noted that the HR manager will serve three offices—one in Virginia, one in New Hampshire, and one in Seattle with a total of 74 employees – and growing! Therefore, travel will be required between the three offices, though stationed at the Virginia office. Most importantly, we are looking for a candidate that will fit and contribute to our company culture; we’re a culmination of the most creative, funny, and interesting individuals in the area. We make games for a living which doesn’t mean we play games all day, but we do like to have fun. You will carry out the daily activities of an HR Manager which includes managing the needs of employees as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures in multiple states. The HR Manager is part of our leadership team and will function as liaison to our Global Head for HR in Germany and reports to the US CFO.
- Adviser to Management in all HR related subjects
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Manage benefit programs.
- Conducting salary surveys and advises on company’s compensation program.
- Coaching Managers to build high performing and supportive teams.
- Manages recruiting and exit processes with direct managers and supports employer branding position.
- Analyzing, developing, administering and updating the company’s evaluation program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Propose and establish a staff and management development and training program to improve staff performance and satisfaction.
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies, handbook and procedures.
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling.
- Maintaining department records and reports, including company directory and other organizational charts.
- Participating in administrative staff meetings.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations and assures compliance.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Coordinates Safety Committee meetings and acts as Safety Director.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Develop and establish employee separation process
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business field.
- 7-8 years human resource management experience.
- Must have a PHR or SPHR certification.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Experience and knowledge of HR management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- People-oriented and results driven.
- Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy and possess good judgment and discretion.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint); experience with MS365 preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of health insurance trends, deadlines of enrollment, and communication practices.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize workload, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time-management skills.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external vendors.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in the position with your salary requirements and your resume to email@example.com.
Do you have that special something extra to share with us? We’re always interested in hearing from new talent!
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.