What is the ThinkFun Giving Tree?
The Giving Tree is a unique way to raise funds to purchase games for your school! Monitor progress as you “climb” the ladder and get closer to your goal!
- Set up your Giving Tree. Display in a prominent spot in your school.
- Sell apples to raise funds
- Celebrate your Harvest! Use proceeds to purchase ThinkFun games at 20% off!
Set up your Giving Tree
Download and print the ThinkFun Giving Tree poster, or create your own.
- Write your fundraising goal at the top of the ladder. This could be a dollar amount or the number of games you hope to purchase. Display images of the ThinkFun games you will purchase.
- Mark ladder rungs with appropriate benchmarks.
- Create a marker (adhesive arrow, apple-picking basket, you choose!) and move it up the ladder to track progress.
Giving Tree apples recognize individuals, families, and businesses. Click below to download color or black & white apples:
Tip: Print black & white apples on colored paper — looks great and saves ink! Or engage students in fundraiser prep by having them create their own!
There are many creative ways to sell your apples:
- Offer apples at various price points ($1 apples, $5 apples, etc)
- Sell apples by the bushel ($1 each or 10 for $8)
- Let donors decide how much to pay per apple
- Sell Game Apples. Ask teachers to submit a “wish list” of ThinkFun games for their classroom. Fill each apple with teacher name, a game s/he has requested, and the price.
- Donors “pick” apples and donate amount shown to provide a new game for a classroom!
Apples can be sold anywhere! Here are some ideas:
- Student sell apples to friends and family
- Apples are available for purchase at the school’s front desk
- Set up an Apple Stand and sell at Back-to-School night, community dinners, or intermission at a school play!
- Approach local shop owners, realtors, and supermarkets. Businesses like to give to schools in their community, and displaying donor business cards on apples is free publicity, a win-win!
- Hold an Apple Raffle (Say that 10 times fast!). Sell numbered apples for whatever amount you choose. Draw winning numbers and give games as prizes!
- Incorporate ThinkFun Giving Tree into your Game Night to boost fundraising potential
Keep in mind…
- A record sheet helps keep track of sales. Use our template or create your own.
- Donations are tax-deductible! Create a generic receipt/letter with school tax ID, donation description, and a place to record donation amount. Instruct students and parents on collecting donations and proper use of the record sheet and tax receipts.
- Once your fundraiser ends, harvest apples and calculate your school’s earnings.
- Decide which ThinkFun games you will purchase with your 20% discount.
- Order online or directly through ThinkFun Customer Service (email email@example.com, or call 1-800-468-1864)
- Celebrate your success in newsletters, PA announcements, and school-wide emails.
- Encourage students to write thank you notes to donors.